Thursday, May 5, 2011

Washington D.C. Trip Day Four

The last day in Washington D.C. we visited the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). This bureau is very interesting and definately one that needs to be in existance in this country. I really enjoyed aspects of explosives and firearms because this area really interests me. The very last speaker that we heard from really kept my attention because he showed us all of the equipment that he used and really interacted well with the students. My favorite aspect of the visit was the show and tell of the equipment and being able to handle the guns. Of course they were not loaded and completely safe, but still very cool.

After leaving the ATF, we went for lunch at Ted's Montana Grill. They had the best burgers that I have had in a very long time. Kudos to them. I reccommend that restaurant to anyone. The restaurant not only had great food, but also used green and recycled products in their establishment. That is definately dedication.

The flight back was also very interesting and the pilot made it all the more entertaining. It was the best flight I had ever been on and I would request that crew any other time that I flew Southwest.

Overall, the trip to Washington D.C. was great and I really enjoyed it. Thank you to all of those that made it possible. Especially Professor Bradshaw, Trish Bradshaw, and Judy Abbott for putting up with all of us. It was great way to finish a semester at Culver-Stockton College.