Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tres

To start off, the morning wake-up call nearly killed me. Five-fifteen in the morning was absolutely appalling and I felt that no sooner did I close my eyes that I was forced to wake up and get ready for the day.
On the drive to the FBI, I was able to relax and get a little bit more rest before our day of tours began. Sitting in the bus for an extra hour was fun. I was able to talk to my friends more and spend more quality time with them.
The FBI as a whole was not what I was expecting. Granted, I didn't think that I would be taught and shown the same things that agents were exposed to...but I thought that maybe we would be able to tour the classroom setting or see agents practicing shooting at the range. That didn't happen. My favorite part of that tour had to be the Hannibal Lector cage in the basement of the Behavioral Science Unity (BSU).
I loved touring the monuments. As I've said in other posts, I have been looking forward to re-visiting D.C. since the last time I traveled in eighth grade. My favorite parts of today had to be visiting Arlington National Cemetary and the Lincoln Memorial. As morbid as it sounds, the cemetary was incredibly peaceful and relaxing. There was such a strong sense of good energy there. The weather, as well, was perfect. I was so so happy to finally have been able to visit it. Watching the changing of the guards ceremony was also very interesting.
My favorite monument had to be the Lincoln Memorial. I felt a different, but good, energy there. At Arlington, I felt a sense of pride and bravery and duty... but at the Lincoln Memorial, there's an energy of hope and naivety- in the best way possible. It's very inspiring.
Other than that, my feet hurt SO much :( but I would still chalk it up as a good day to be in THE city!